The BIC Council is responsible for determining the strategic direction of the association.
The BIC Council is elected at the Annual General Meeting, as are the positions of Chair and Vice-Chair.
The Council is comprised of voting members only, constructed as follows:
- Operators Group – 3 Council positions from the BIC Members of the Bus & Coach Operators Group
- Chassis Suppliers & Manufacturers Group – 2 Council positions from BIC Members of the Chassis Group
- Body Suppliers & Manufacturers Group – 2 Council positions from BIC Members of the Body Group
- Associated Services Providers Group – 2 Council positions from BIC Members of the Associated Services Providers Group (ASP), this includes Aircon and Seat manufacturers
- Energy and Infrastructure Group – 1 Council position from the Energy and Infrastructure member organisations of the ASP group.
- New South Wales – 2 Councillors from BusNSW (Nominated by BusNSW)
- Queensland – 2 Councillors from QBIC (Nominated by QBIC)
- South Australia – 1 Councillor from Bus SA (Nominated by Bus SA)
- Tasmania – 1 Councillor from TasBus (Nominated by TasBus)
- Western Australia – 1 Councillor from BusWA (Nominated by BusWA)