This submission provides a response to the Office of Road Safety and their National Road Safety Strategy 2021-2030.
The BIC addresses regional and remote access with better transport options, heavy vehicle safety and regulation, and outlines a 10-point action plan for a national bus safety strategy.
The main issues raised by the BIC were:
- Better transport options and assistance in regional areas.
- Sustainable community transport
- Safety regulations – Heavy Vehicle National Law
- Common approach to Safety standards
- Current safety technology in buses and coaches
- Speed limit controls
- Industry Advisories and Codes.