Who We Are
OzeBus is the online home of The Bus Industry Confederation and its industrial arm the Australian Public Transport Industrial Association, representing
the interests of the bus and coach industry in Australia. Our members carry more than 1.5 billion urban public transport passengers per year. Buses make up 5 per cent of the total urban passenger task.
The coach sector of the bus industry, comprising long distance, rural, tour, charter and express bus operators moves more than 1.5 million domestic travellers. Coaches make up 8 per cent of the total non urban passenger task.
The Bus Industry employs more than 50,000 people. Our Members are bus operators, bus manufacturers and parts and service suppliers to the industry.
The BIC represents the interests of its members to Governments and the community on a range of issues including technical vehicle and parts based issues
to the broader challenge of meeting the growing passenger transport task and providing Australian commuters with a genuine alternative to the car.
APTIA represents and assists its Members in negotiations relating to the settlement of disputes between Members and their Employees and promotes and protects
the interests of Employers within the Passenger Transport Industry (publicly and privately owned).
Download the BIC Constitution.
The BIC strives to:
- Promote and help development of a viable and improved bus and coach industry in Australia
- Encourage and facilitate co-operation between members and among members and the general public
- Foster public understanding of the contribution made by the bus and coach industry to Australia's economy, society and the environment
- Encourage high standards of conduct and service by its members
- Promote and support industry related research and development
- Promote the use of public transport as a proper and viable alternative to the motor car
- Promote policies and actions that are environmentally responsible
- Encourage investment in public transport infrastructure
- Foster and promotes a viable Australian bus manufacturing industry
- Undertake other activities to assist its members in fulfilling their mandates
- Represent members and assist members in negotiations relating to the settlement of disputes between members and their employees.
- Promote and protect the interests of Persons who are employers who are within the Industry and who are members of the association.
- Bring or refer matters to and represent members and/or interested persons before Fair Work Australia or such other arbitral tribunals or Courts as
may from time to time exercise like jurisdiction to that of that of Fair Work Australia and other tribunals, courts, arbitrators, mediators and
bodies, and to represent members and/or interested persons at conferences, meetings and discussions with unions and other organizations of employees
APTIA Members include:
- Industrial Associations who have employer members in the industry.
- Urban Transport Operators, who employ persons in the industry, across more than one State, and
- Public Transport Operators, who employ persons within the industry.
Click here to find out more about APTIA Members.
Click here to find out more about what
APTIA can do for you.