How to Join BIC
One Message - Many Voices
The core strength of the bus and coach industry, and what sets it aside from others, is the unity of the businesses within it. Membership with the Bus
Industry Confederation puts your business in the picture and makes it a part of an industry effort to have our voice heard by governments and the wider
Our Moving People Vision
Our vision is to enhance the sustainability and liveability of Australia's cities and regions by moving people using bus and coach transportation. We aim
to do this by representing the collective interests of our Members and to assist them in promoting the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of bus
and coach transport in Australia.
Our Moving People Objectives
- Encourage investment in public transport infrastructure and services.
- Promote policies and actions that are environmentally responsible.
- Promote the development of a viable and improved bus and coach industry in Australia.
- Foster and promote a viable Australian bus manufacturing industry.
- Protect the business interests of operators, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Promote public understanding of the contribution made by the bus and coach industry to Australia's economy, society and environment.
- Ensure the accessibility and mobility needs of Australians are met, regardless of where they live or their circumstances.
- Promote the use of public transport as a viable alternative to the car.
- Coordinate and make more effective existing Federal, State and Local Government policies and programs that relate to passenger transport.
- Ensure that buses and coaches operate safely and effectively.